Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What's in my bag

I am a magazine fanatic! One of my favorite things to see and read is the "What's in my bag" page. This one I ran across in US Magazine and immediately found "a" funny. Celebrities live in their own world of way too much money and not enough common sense. I wasn't of course born with privelege, so my first real "pocket book" as my Mee Ma calls it, was a patchwork quilted ditty that we got at the local clothing store. My world of pocketbooks grew as I got older with a new one every spring and every fall. Some more than others used to cost me a pretty penny. A gift to myself, I would say. But when I gave birth to my son who is now 6, my world of expensive pocketbooks became a thrifty TJ Maxx find.

Now onto the funny... The celebrity Kate Walsh. The bag Celene Classic bag $3,400. First, I could buy 180 bags at TJ Maxx for that amount. Next her cellphone, keys, sunglasses, gum, blah blah blah and a THONG! Now, unless she has that not so fresh feeling, why in the world is she carrying a thong? I know she hasn't given birth, so sneezing and peeing her pants isn't an option. Who does that really? Is it that she never knows who she's going to run into? What if she gets caught at the airport security check point or drops her pocketbook in the middle of a fancy restaurant and it all falls out? This is just amusing and everytime I look at it, I LOL! So real ladies every where here is what is in a real pocketbook of the poor white trash kind.

The Celebrity..Ordinary Mom. The bag $39.99 "Call It Spring" from JCP. Wallet, Lucky Brand, $16.99 from TJ Maxx, keys, advil, free ice cream coupon, change, various lipglosses (of course my vice), grocery list, hair ditty, med's, tissue and a tampon. That's right ladies a tampon. Don't celebrities have monthly "aunt flows"? Do you see a tampon in her bag? Nope! Probably wouldn't go very well with the image of a thong or maybe there was one and she removed it from the picture. I don't have a pair of Hanes Her Way bikini bottoms, all cotton's in here. I guess to fit in I should stuff a pair in there in case my son drops his ice cream we got for free with the coupon on his lap and I need to clean it up. Either way, this is what normal people carry in their "pocketbooks". I rest my case.


4 comments:

  1. Lol@! Love it!! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I LOVE reading the celebrity purse page in marie claire. I think I'm going to do one of these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! You have tampons, no one ever does.

    Soul Mates. Bloggerstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've totally already been here, read that.. such a good friend.

    ReplyDelete